I normally write reviews on this site about some of the apps I have installed on my phone. These are the apps I usually recommend fellow Android users to have, and now here is another I’ve been using for a while. This is gReader, an RSS reader app.
You may be wondering what an RSS Reader app does, and well, what it does is basically fetch updates or feeds from a provided website and may be configured to suit the user needs. What I mean here is that such an app will display new articles and possibly provide a way to quickly read or save these articles without having to go to the main website itself. It’s even more handy because you get these updates from the website you need to get updates from.
Despite having many RSS Readers out there, gReader has stood out to be a great one. From it’s simple and light nature to its modern minimal UI, gReader proves to be among the most efficient out there.
Some of the features that stand out are:
- Ability to choose a theme color especially dark theme during night time.
- Ability to save articles for offline reading.
- Highly customizable interface that lets users display articles as thumbnails or in list form.
- Awesome customizable and themable widgets.
- Ability to subscribe to particular channels to mark them as most relevant.
- Listen and save podcasts.
- Support developers
- Ad-Free version
- Better Widgets
- Better Podcasts features
- Custom Notification
And so much more. Try it.