This is a simple short guide on how you can flash or restore or unbrick your Mediatek Phone in case something goes wrong.
Note: This guide only applies to Mediatek Phones and not any other phones using different chipsets. Also, you should have firmware files ready. If you followed the guide on how to make a full system backup, you should have the firmware files ready with you. If not, go look for them from the web anywhere.
– A Mediatek Phone
– Firmware files
– SP FlashTool (v3 or v5)
– USB Drivers
You should have your phone’s USB Drivers installed on PC, if not follow the guide on how to do so.
- Extract your firmware files to any directory or location on your PC of your choice.
- Open SP flash tool and select ‘scatter loading’
- Go to the firmware files folder and find the scatter file then load it.
- Click ‘Download’ button (Do not mess around trying to enable any other options or else you’ll permanently damage your phone)
- Remove battery from your phone and connect phone to PC via USB
- While phone is connected, insert the battery. SP Flash Tool should have started flashing the system. Once its done, you should see a green round circle display on screen indicating that flashing files was a success.
- Unplug phone, remove battery for about 5 seconds and insert it back then power on the phone