Are you trying to look for the perfect VPN app to use on phone? We’ve got a good list of them for you to choose from. VPN apps essentially help you browse the Internet anonymously, protect your data from hackers and spying cooperate or government institutions, and also unblock any blocked website or Internet service on your network or region.
Below are the top 5 VPN apps I’ve used from Play Store and recommend you try first.
READ ALSO: What is VPN? VPN Explained.
Turbo VPN – Unlimited Free VPN
This is a 100% free VPN. It is a high speed unlimited VPN. Turbo VPN – Free VPN proxy will unblock sites, secure WiFi hotspot and protect privacy.
Some of it’s features are listed below:
- Bypass firewalls using free VPN proxy on company or school Wi-Fi.
- Unblock websites with free VPN proxy server. It can also unblock video not available in your country.
- Protect your network traffic under WiFi hotspot. Browse anonymously and securely without being tracked.
- Works with WiFi, LTE, 3G, and all mobile data carriers.
- Encrypts data using OpenVPN protocols (UDP / TCP).
Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy & Wi-Fi Security
Hotspot Shield disguises your online identity and access blocked apps and sites, while keeping your mobile activities anonymous, private and secure.
Hotspot Shield has a free and Premium version. You might want to invest in the premium version if you can.
Why choose Hotspot Shield?
- Unblock geo-restricted contents: Encrypt all your traffic and get access to global media, video, messaging or social apps and networks.
- Secure all online activities: Hide your IP address, identity, and location from trackers, and enjoy maximum privacy and security.
- Free or Unlimited: Use the basic features for free (forever), or simply upgrade to Elite for unlimited features!
- Unparalleled VPN Performance: our proprietary servers ensure the fastest VPN speed, most stable and secured connections.
- Largest VPN Coverage: Powered by AnchorFree, Hotspot Shield offers VPN coverage from 20 countries including US, UK, JP, IN, AU, CA, CN, and more!
- No Logs Kept: Hotspot Shield doesn’t track or keep any logs of its users and their activities. Your security and privacy are guaranteed!
- Best Customer Support: Any questions or suggestions, simply shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- Trusted by millions: Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy has been installed more than 400 million times and has been featured on Forbes, CNET, CNN, and the New York Times.
Psiphon Pro – The Internet Freedom VPN
Psiphon Pro gives you unprecedented access to your favorite news broadcast or social media platforms. By its nature, Psiphon Pro also protects you when accessing WiFi hotspots by creating a secure, private tunnel between you and the Internet. Psiphon Pro is the best VPN tool for accessing everything on the Internet.
Below are some of Psiphon Pro features:
- Global network featuring thousands of servers and diverse entry points, keeping you connected at all times
- No registration required, just download and connect for free
- Wider selection of protocols than a VPN, offering unparalleled access to everything on the Internet through our global Psiphon server network
- Featured on BestVPN.com: https://bit.ly/psiphon-review
- In-app usage stats
- Configuration options – make Psiphon your own VPN with customized proxy settings
- Choose which apps to exclude from the VPN tunnel
- Open-source, peer-reviewed and trustworthy.
If you’ve taken some time to look up the Dark/Deep Web, you should have come across Tor network and Orbot as well. Many use Tor network to connect to the Deep Web.
Orbot is a free proxy app that empowers other apps to use the internet more securely. Orbot uses Tor to encrypt your Internet traffic and then hides it by bouncing through a series of computers around the world. Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security known as traffic analysis.
Orbot creates a truly private Internet connection. As the New York Times writes, “when a communication arrives from Tor, you can never know where or whom it’s from.” Tor won the 2012 Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Pioneer Award.
Below are some listed features:
- Accept no substitutes: Orbot is the safest way to use the Internet on Android. Orbot bounces your encrypted traffic several times through computers around the world, instead of connecting you directly like VPNs and proxies. This process takes a little longer, but the strongest privacy and identity protection available is worth the wait.
- Private web surfing: Use with Orfox, the most anonymous way to access any website, even if it’s normally blocked, monitored, or on the hidden web. Get Orfox: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.guardianproject.orfox
- Privacy for Apps: Any installed app can use Tor through Orbot’s built-in VPN
- Privacy for everyone: Tor can help you confidentially research a competitor, get around someone blocking your favorite site, or circumvent a firewall to watch sports at work.
- It’s official: This is the official version of the Tor onion routing service for Android.
Samsung Max – Data Savings & Privacy Protection
Samsung Max is not really advertised as a VPN app but a data management and saving app. It is actually one of the best and free VPN apps you’ll ever use. It’s fast and stable. Samsung Max comes from Opera Max that was later sold to Samsung hence the change in name.
Samsung Max is the most efficient way to stretch your data plan and save the money you spend on data. Track and control your apps’ data consumption on mobile and Wi-Fi, or easily block background data, and data access for any app. Samsung Max advises you when apps consume aggressive amounts of background data, and gives you control to allow or block access.
With data saving modes or privacy modes activated, all your network traffic from your apps is compressed and encrypted by Samsung Max’s servers before it reaches your Android device. A bank-grade, secure network connection means even when you are on public Wi-Fi your personal information is protected, and Max’s data savings cloud means the data usage is as efficient as possible.
To support the most advanced and FREE data savings service, and the powerful Secure Wi-Fi and Privacy protection service, Samsung Max shows ads to keep the services free.
Below is a list of it’s features:
- Samsung Max offers foreground data savings / data compression service and background data management to extend your time in all of your apps without your mobile data plan running out as quickly – perfect for everyday data savings, maximum savings when travelling, or when you encounter poor network conditions.
- Saving Reports – See the data your apps are using and reduce it by turning on data savings – to save your data and money.
- Manage apps by limiting or restricting their mobile and Wi-Fi data consumption to save money. It’s easy, Samsung Max will give you alerts for apps using too much background data.
- WI-FI Security – Use Samsung Max’s super-secure and encrypted connections when on public Wi-Fi to ensure your personal information is protected.
- Incognito – Go incognito in all your apps to avoid targeted ads and data snoopers from tracking you. Throw those tracking companies off your trail.
- Get Privacy Reports to better manage both your privacy within apps and network connections.
- Ultra Apps will save data, protect your privacy , and give you more powerful control over the experience of your favorite social networks and destinations without wasting your mobile data plan or putting your privacy at risk. Ultra apps are advanced web apps that load mobile website versions of your favorite services, but they are optimized by Samsung Max’s cloud technology.
- Boost WI-FI connectivity in crowded Wi-Fi hotspots or weak signal areas.